Getty Realty’s property portfolio consists of 933 properties located in 31 states across the United States and Washington, D.C. We own 862 properties and lease 71 properties from third-party landlords.
Our typical property is used as a convenience store and gasoline station, and is located on between one-half and three quarters of an acre of land in a metropolitan area. Convenience store and gasoline station properties are an integral component of the transportation infrastructure supported by highly inelastic demand for petroleum products, day-to-day consumer goods and convenience foods.
High Barriers to Entry
- High replacement costs
- Limited new convenience store and gas station development
- Time consuming zoning restrictions
- “Grandfathered” use advantage
Prime Locations and Corners
- Sizable lots in urban areas
- Mature transportation grid
- High daily traffic counts
- Optimal corners with traffic lights, high visibility and easy access
- Close proximity to freeway entrances or exit ramps
Alternative Use Opportunities
- Retail, banking, service, restaurant
- Assemblage, redevelopment, repositioning
We enjoy a significant presence in many of the key real estate markets in the United States.
Favorable Lease Attributes